Location & Infrastructure
The Anketell Gold–Copper Project is located ~85km north of the Company’s Red Setter Gold–Copper Project in the Patersons Range area in Western Australia.
• The Project is located within the northeast portion of the Proterozoic Paterson Province. Basement geology is dominated by the late Proterozoic Yeneena Supergroup which unconformably overlies the earlier Proterozoic Rudall Metamorphic Complex and the Archaean Pilbara Craton.
• The Yeneena Supergroup has been intruded by Proterozoic (650 – 620Ma) granitoids of the Minyari and Mt Crofton Suites. The Mt Crofton Suite represent fractionated I-Type granites, being largely undeformed, weakly oxidized and magnetite – ilmenite bearing. High background uranium and thorium contents are also reported from the Suite. The Minyari Suite is less fractionated and rarely appears magnetic.
• Permian fluvio-glacial Paterson Formation sediments (less than 100m thick within the Project leases) unconformably overly the Proterozoic stratigraphy. These Permian sediments extend into the Canning Basin further to the east.
• Significant gold, copper and uranium mineralisation has been discovered in the Paterson Province with two world class deposits (Telfer and Nifty) currently being mined, with the latest world class discoveries of Havieron and Winu advancing towards mining.
• The 26Moz Telfer Gold Mine is located within 15km of outcropping Mt Crofton I-Type granite rocks. Stratigraphically the deposit is hosted by the Telfer Formation, an intercalated sandstone and siltstone sequence, sandwiched between the Puntapunta Formation and the underlying Malu Quartzite. The Formation is exposed within two doubly plunging anticlines termed the Main and West Domes. Mineralisation is epigenetic and occurs within quartz-sulphide carbonate saddle reefs and stockwork in prepared dilational sites caused by flexural slip along rheologically contrasting bedding planes within the Telfer Formation.
• The Nifty Copper Mine (~1 Mt copper metal) is situated 70km west of Telfer. Mineralisation is epigenetic and stratabound, hosted by silicified carbonate and shale near the base of the Broadhurst Formation.
• Antipa’s Citadel project surrounds the Anketell tenement and has several resources and prospects with Minyari-WACA, Calibre and Magnum.
• The Winu project sits approximately 40km to the north east of the Anketell tenement and provides a possible comparison model for Cu – Au – Ag veins within folded sediments above interpreted granitic intrusives.
Recent News Releases on Project
|Anketell Au Cu Project Magnetic Modelling||September 26, 2022||News||news|